Home Building FAQs


When it comes to members’ requests for new service, PRECorp is always looking for the best way to help. The process is constantly being improved and PRECorp is here to help members navigate the work order process.

Q: How do I start the process?
A: Before buying property, be sure to ask the developer or realtor about electricity feasibility. Don’t buy 100 acres and find out it will cost more than you paid for the property to bring in electricity. If you need more information or are concerned about the viability of bringing power to a building site, be sure to call one of our Customer Service Representatives with the legal description of the lot or land site.

Once you have purchased an unserved property, call a PRECorp Customer Service Representative and provide the following information:

  • The legal description of the location (traditionally closing documents or deed);
  • The type of service desired (seasonal, residential, commercial, irrigation);
  • The appropriate mailing/billing address and telephone number(s); and
  • If operating under a company name, provide Articles of Incorporation, names of representatives that are authorized to sign for the entity, and verification of the entity’s Federal Tax ID number.

Q: Will you visit the proposed site?
A: You will be contacted and an appointment will be made for a PRECorp representative to visit the site and determine the route and design of the new line if required.

Q: What is the cost?
A: Upon the completion of the design and survey of your service request, PRECorp will provide you with a projected cost of construction and an application for membership and electric service agreement which would explain the costs associated with service. The estimated or projected cost for your requested line extension will be valid for 90 days.

Q: What paperwork is required before construction?
A: Please complete a “Member Credit Application,” an “Application for Membership and Electric Service Agreement,” the grant of a “Right of Way Easement,” a security deposit or an Online Utility check, compliance with your county’s electrical permitting requirements.

Timely receipt of this information, as well as any payments required ensures your service will be connected as quickly as possible. When all paperwork is completed, your job will be released for construction. The line will be built as soon as construction schedules allow.

Q: Must I pay all costs up front?
A: If a line extension cost is incurred to build the service this charge may be paid in full or amortized through the cooperative at a particular interest rate. Once the meter is installed a $15 connect fee will be charged to your first electrical bill.