Johnson County PRECorp Board seat is open
A vacancy on the Powder River Energy Board of Directors has occurred with the resignation of Johnson County Director Pam Kinchen.
Kinchen was elected to the Board six times, and was re-elected to her current three-year term at the August 2016 Annual Meeting. She resigned in December citing personal reasons.
The term expires in August 2019, and the PRECorp Board of Directors is seeking letters of interest from Johnson County members who would be willing to fill out that term. The Board will review letters of interest and conduct interviews at a special meeting on Monday, March 19, in Sheridan. This seat will be filled at the regular Board of Directors meeting on March 20, and the remainder of the term.
The qualifications for a seat on the PRECorp Board of Directors are as follows:
- Must reside within the Johnson County service territory. However, members taking service outside Johnson County shall be deemed to be a member of and within the area served by the county closest to the nearest meter serving the members’ residence;
- Must be a member receiving electric energy from PRECorp;
- May not be in any way employed by or have a substantial financial interest in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy or supplies to PRECorp.
The deadline for submitting a letter of interest is 5 p.m., Friday, March 2. The letter should include the following information:
- Member number;
- Physical address of your primary residence;
- Primary contact information: phone number, email address;
- A statement indicating your qualifications and interest in serving with the PRECorp Board of Directors.
Send letter of interest to:
PRECorp Board of Directors, Attn: Corporate Administration, PO Box 930, Sundance, WY, 82729; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org